Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flashback

Hey there! Eric and I went to see The Smashing Pumpkins in Brussels the other night. I saw them when I was in college (2001/2002) and Eric has seen them several times too. The first time was '93/'94 (yeah, I know... he's old) and most recently in 1998 (which really isn't that recent at all). Anyway, we had fun and thought you might like to hear a little:



Smashing Pumpkins from Melanyann Garvin on Vimeo.


Here's a bit of an acoustic song Billy Corrigan performed. We had never heard it before, but liked it:

Smashing Pumpkins2 from Melanyann Garvin on Vimeo.


And here's a few pictures too:


Basically, from what we gathered, the concert experience is pretty much the same in Belgium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that amazing that you are in BELGIUM and Eric is able to see what is apparently one of his favorite bands? Such a great "taste from home" that doesn't have to be overnight delivered! I'm glad you guys are getting out and having fun. I still fondly remember our Crow/Mayer concert every time I hear a song by one of them on the radio. =)

Anonymous said...

IBTW, read other comments and see that I am an award winner! Me? Lil' ole me? Gosh, it's an honor just to be nominated! I assume the prize is in the mail..... Chicago mail..... I won't hold my breath.